Is Rack Storage For You?
Rack storage is a fast growing trend in boat dockage. It allows
a large number of boats to be stored on a limited plot of ground.
Racks can actually double or triple the number of boats in a marina.
As a result, more dockage is available in popular ports.
There are a number of benefits from rack storage. For most people, they outweigh the disadvantages. Let's start by looking at the benefits:
- Cost — a full year of rack storage often costs less than
traditional wet dockage, dry winter storage, hauling and launching.
- Security — a boat stored 20 feet off the ground in a locked
building is not likely to be the target of thieves or vandals.
- Weather Protection — boats stored under cover are not
subject to gel coat destroying ultra violet light, bird droppings
or other potential damage from the outdoor environment.
- No Mooring Cover — tedious covering and uncovering of
the boat is not required since it is stored indoors. This means
you're on the water with less work.
- No Bottom Paint — boats stored out of the water simply
do not grow "grass" on their bottoms. This means expensive
antifouling paint is not required.
- Easy Maintenance — since the boat is already out of the
water, repairs to shafts, props or outdrives are easy to accomplish.
For any further Rack & Launch inquiries, please email